Arts Council (UK) publica relatório e contas de 2013/14
The report sets out how we are fulfilling our mission of Great art and culture for everyone and shows the breadth and range of our activity.
We invested nearly £443 million of Grant-in-Aid and over £172 million of Lottery money in arts and culture during 2013/14. The creative sector, which draws on the talent of the arts and cultural sector, generated more than £70 billion last year and employed 1.68 million people in 2012 – accounting for 5.6 per cent of all jobs.
Alan Davey, Chief Executive, Arts Council England said: ‘This has been an important year in realising our strategy Great art and culture for everyone. Our annual review brings this to life and shows how investing in arts and culture can bring great benefits to society.’
Also in 2013/14 we:
- supported 703 arts organisations through our National portfolio programme, Bridge organisations and National youth music organisations
- funded 3,296 artistic projects across the country through Grants for the arts
- supported 16 museums through our Major partner museums programme
- invested over £600,000 in libraries projects through Grants for the arts and our Enterprising Libraries scheme which helps people get started in business
- invested nearly £63 million with the Department for Education in 125 Music education hubs
See the annual review and share our new infographics
To download a copy of our annual review for 2013/14 or to explore interactive infographics which summarise our investments, click here.
– See more at: http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/news/arts-council-news/our-annual-review-has-just-been-published-find-out/#sthash.hc4AJ3P5.dpuf